Friday, September 5, 2008

Now we are going backwards!

Yes we have been waiting for ages for the painters to turn up but as you can see from the pictures the wrong sort of "painters" did. We have this lovely black spray paint over lots of walls now. It seems we had a visit last Friday night from those who got in through the rumpus room window. This window was probably left open by the useless unreliable painters who never show up (but that's just our assumption). At least before we had one layer of paint on the walls now we are back to square one!

We are so fed up now with Porter Davis and their promises. What a load of crap their guaranteed 20 week build is! We have had one days rain delay and no delays on materials so our build going over contract time is due totally to incompetent project management on their behalf. Again we were promised that the painters would definitely be there on Tuesday, so far I have driven past every day this week and of course NOTHING and no word from anyone as to why this is. We were promised this week would be heaps of activity but so far only the carpenter and plaster have turned up to finish the fix which as far as I was aware was finished (and paid for) 25 July. I think they also fixed some cornices etc that were pulled out while fixing the leak in the roof (not that we have actually been told it has been fixed or what the problem was). So it is now SEPTEMBER and painting started 31st JULY grrrrrrrrr.

On the brighter side, some time during the last few weeks of inactivity our Quantum Quartz kitchen benches have been installed and they look good. It has a covering on the top so it is hard to see it properly.


Anyway we are so angry at the moment it looks like it never going to be finished. Maybe we wont even be in by Christmas? The tiler is supposed to come on Monday to start the tiling even though the painting is not done so it will be interesting to see if he turns up.
Also the step down from the hall way into the garage is so big that it would not get a certificate of occupancy so now they have to build us a step. They are suggesting they use left over bricks with concrete on top to build this. Would this look ok? Or should it just be concrete with no bricks?

4 comments:

Petal said...

Oh, Lisa, that's AWFUL - I feel terrible for you. Wouldn't you lik to get those little so&so's and wring their necks!!!!!!!!Grrr...just a stupid, useless, pointless thing to do !!! Very frustrating...

Glad to see the QQ has gone on, and fixing is at least bing done. Let's hope the vandalism at least spurs PD on to getting your place finished ASAP!!!

Lexriel said...

Outch...

That is some nasty thing to do on someone's wall. But luckily they didn't do anything to the QQ and/or kitchen.

Hope your place will be done soon and am sure you will be able to move in by Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for you. I follow your progress every week. I would be stattered if that happened to me. I am building the same house. Absolutely no point inwhat they did. Lucky they didnt spray your kitchen etc. Hope it works out well from this point onwards.

I noticed your garage had a big drop but i thought it might have been the angle of the photo. In my opinion, i would just get the whole thing in concrete but im no expert. You never see driveways concrete slabs etc with bricks. Best to call a concreter and ask for advise.

Good luck, look forward to seeing the upcoming developements.

Peter.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

That absolutely sucks. Scumbags... The only positive thing I can say is the damage is not overly malicious - they could have really trashed the place.
I really feel your pain. I am starting to get headaches and just sit around grinding my teeth I am so pissed off most of the time. If PD give me that overnight bag at handover I'm gonna stick it... well you know what I mean.
They were at my place today ripping out some of the tiling and taking to the shower hob with a sledgehammer - so I kmow about going backwards. The render has also been done - another sub par job by PD. My faith in them has totally been shot to pieces.
Hang in there.....