Monday, August 25, 2008

Render is painted

The render has been painted over the weekend which is good. Other than that nothing has happened. It is so frustrating the painters started on 31st July and have only been 3 days all up so nothing has been done since last pics. The tiles were delivered ages ago but I think they have to wait for the painting to finish before they start. Our 3rd SS started last week so will take a while to get up to speed. In the mean time every time I drive past there is no-one there, grrrrrrr.



When inside recently we have also noticed new watermarks all over the slab in three adjoining rooms with a very big section in the rumpus room. There does not seem to be any water marks on the walls so I guess it must be running down the wall cavity from the roof. Great!!


3 comments:

Petal said...

How frustrating for you!!! Hope the new SS starts cracking the whip and getting things moving for you.

Render looks great all painted now!

Anonymous said...

That is really upsetting considering that the handover can't be that far away yet nothing has happened for nearly 4 weeks. If it's any consolation I think your house is going to look great - the colors and facade work perfectly.
I think PD up the proverbial creek with their finish times. They told me 16-20 weeks max and I'm at week 20 with many more to go. You should be 4 weeks ahead of me yet my tiling starts tomorrow. I know ppl who 6 months ago had a Windsor 47 finished quicker than our houses.
ATM they guarantee Prestige houses to be finished in 23 weeks yet I don't see house they can keep that promise based on their current performance. It's pitiful. I hope your new SS works out better.

Anonymous said...

I know this is no consolation, but good to see Darwin isn't thi only place with dodgy builders - grrrr. I hope you gave them a good serve.