Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More progress

The glass splashback went in today. We chose white with starfire glass which is a bit boring. We have white ceilings and a different shade of white skirtings and sort of white perspex inserts in our cupboards and a sort of white bench. The splashback adds yet another different shade of white, I think it would have been better to get the wall colour or something exciting like red! I will reserve judgement on this til I look at it again. I will post pics tomorrow.

The electrical work continued, lots of the downlights are in now and wires are hanging out where powerpoints will be. Our rangehood and toliet/shower exhaust fans and in too. For some reason the man hole has been put in the walk in robe instead of the hall which is not a bad thing but it makes it hard to put a light in the middle of the walk in because that is where the man hole is! We will try to get them to put a light either side of the man hole otherwise we will have a dark end of the robe.

The water tank has been delivered and is now in the garage, it is not as big as I was worried it would be.

The tiler called to ask to meet us at the house tomorrow so we can tell him where we want the feature tiles so that is great that he is going to start. I am very surprised at the pace things are going at now.

1 comment:

Petal said...

Great that the pace has picked up - I'm guessing they want to finish as close to Contract as possible! Hope that happens ith ours, too...

I'm a bit worried about my splashback now - I'm having starfire white as well, our wall colour is Astor White, and you've seen how white the rest of my kitchen is (well, not the QQ, but that's Ice as well)!!!

Looking forward to pics of yours!At least white won't date!!! ;-)