Friday, September 19, 2008

Tiling Almost Finished

The tiling is almost finished. There is just a few more tiles to do today and then grouting on Monday. The tiler seems very good and cares about his work, he really seems to make the effort to get everything perfect (not that I would know the difference between good tiling and bad tiling). He even called us in on his first day and gave us a few different options about the placement of the tiles in the shower so make sure we got the cut tiles where we liked them best.

This is the ensuite shower. I think the feature tile would have been better with two across instead of three but it is hard to tell without the grout and the shower screen on.
The only thing he has done that I am not a great fan of is this shape in the shower base, I would have preferred them straight squares. David likes it this way.

Main bathroom looks great.
Spa hob
Laundry
Here is a pic of our new splash back. I turned the lights on to see how it looks. I was expecting that these lights would be in the cupboard shining down like in the display homes not on the outside underneath. I think the splash back looks ok now.
For some reason the step down to our garage is really big so PD said they would have to put in an extra step. I don't know why this is because it is not on the plan and surely the height of the garage floor compared to the main house is a standard thing with their houses? Anyway the step is nearly finished but I found in fact it is two steps, grrrrrrrr. This is taking up a nice chunk of our garage!

2 comments:

Petal said...

Tiling looks great - I think you'll be happy with the row of 3 feature tiles once it's all done - I think it looks more symmetrically balanced with 3!

That's funny that you disagree about the shower tiles- we have the same argument - and I'm with you and DH is with David!!!!

Everything's looking great - love the splashback! ;-) Send your tiler to us - looks like a very neat job!

Lexriel said...

Ensuite looks nice! The tiles look like the one we chose. Hmm wonder if they are the same. :)

Nice looking kitchen too!