Thursday, July 31, 2008

Painting Started Today

Yes as the title of this post says, painting started today! There was nothing really to photograph but maybe in a few days there will be. They are starting with the garage ceiling because apparently the garage door is due to arrive very soon. It should be interesting because we have chosen a timber look door but have not really seen what it looks like so it could be a disaster. Our SS says we are about 4-6 weeks from handover but more like 6, this is about what I expected.

One optional extra we chose was to have a double bin in one of our kitchen cupboards for rubbish and recycling. It is meant to fill the whole cupboard but the one they have installed is so small and only takes up the bottom section of the cupboard and is pathetic looking. This extra was $625 so not cheap, SS is supposed to sort this out.

Our basins have been installed and look very nice. This is a pic of the main bathroom vanity. In the ensuite the taps don't line up with the basin so the plumber has to come back to fix them as well as the position of the spa taps.

Also here is a pic of the hanging space in our walk in robe. What are the two brackets below the shelf? SS say they are meant to be there. Is he kidding? They are not in the display homes. Not to mention the rob has two parallel sides and one side has the two brackets like this and the other side has just one in the middle!


5 comments:

Petal said...

Painting - yay! I can't wait to see the Cafe Noir (we're having 2 walls of that in the HT) Salad bowls look good. I agree - what's with the WIR??? Don't remember those brackets anywhere!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've been following your blog as I'm building the Hamilton 29 - The fixing on mine is nearing completion. Your house is looking great.
I have to ask though why has it taken so much longer than the 18 weeks recommended by their schedule? Have they given any reason? I'm up to week 15 and painting is yet to be started - I'd hate to think I have another 7 weeks to go..
Going by the rest of your facade I reckon your garage door will look great.
Cheers,
Marcus

David and Lisa said...

Hi Marcus
I have been following your blog too. I've been waiting for an update in fact!!! You are the only other person building a Hamilton that I know of that has a blog.
I have no idea why it is more than the advertised time. My contact finishes 26th Sep so that is alot more than the 20 weeks. When does your contract finish?
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

My site start was about a month after yours so without working it out I'd say the contract finishes roughly late october. Going by their 18 week schedule that they sent me it should be August 21st but I don't like my chances with that.
Your blogs been really usefull as I can get an idea of exactly what to expect for each stage. I'm surprised you still have at least 4 weeks left as it looks so close - fingers crossed I guess.
It's good to see another discerning Hamilton buyer ;-)
Marcus

Unknown said...

hi,

We're building with Porter Davis too (Brookvale 45) and are at the same stage as you. We also have the brackets for the shelves and i think they look terrible. it appears we're not the only ones that have this (check out mmscremorne blog and their post dated Sunday, June 22, 2008
"Practical Completion". These were not shown on the internal elevations and were not in any of their display, so it was a "WTF" moment when i saw it. lol
Good Luck weith the rest of your build.
Cheers,
Eric